Students, click to find out more!
As part of our long term growth strategy we are offering a number of Summer Placements at DFC.
The ideal candidate for this role should be studying a relevant engineering field and have:
- A forward thinking and open-minded approach to gaining valuable experience in the construction industry.
- A proactive approach to learning and understanding by being inquisitive and responsive to feedback.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An ongoing interest in the developing fire engineering industry.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- A proactive approach to supporting colleagues with technical challenges to encourage innovation and team working.
Our 2020 Summer Placement Tom is now in the process of completing his penultimate year at the University of Edinburgh after a successful (mostly virtual) summer placement. You can read more about this in his blog post.
DFC will support summer placement students by providing the opportunity to learn first-hand as to what a fire safety engineer can do. This will include getting involved in live projects during the concept, design and construction stages. Typically a summer placement would last for 6 weeks, however we would consider slight adjustments to this time frame if requested.
As a summer placement student, your time at DFC will include shadowing our team to design team meetings, approvals meetings, attending site visits, developing 3D models and meeting our entire team. You will be given guidance and assistance to help to develop your understanding of Fire Safety Engineering.
We are a close-knit team and enjoy having socials throughout the year, however over the last 7 months like many other companies, we have had to postpone our socials due to Covid-19, however we are excited to be able to do these again in the future.
We don’t believe in unpaid internships, so we are pleased to offer a competitive placement package consisting of:
- Competitive salary during the time spend on the placement.
- IT Equipment (MacBook Pro) for use during the placement.
- Accommodation (if working away from your usual home location).
- Travel expenses.
- Social events.
If you are interested in applying for a summer placement opportunity at DFC, submit your CV, a covering letter and details of your academic studies (including grades) to email@example.com by the 29th of January 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
All we ask is that you don’t send the same cover letter that you send to everyone – we want to feel special.
Successful candidates will be invited for interview in early 2021, for a summer 2021 placement.