Design Fire Consultants is an independent company who are passionate about engineering, service delivery and enjoying our work. Being independent, we are able to set our own priorities, which are to:
- Deliver a consistently high quality, high value service to our clients on every project.
- Remove fire related constraints and enable architectural intent and good design.
- Form proactive relationships with clients, design teams and other key stakeholders.
- Develop, support and reward our staff and create an enjoyable working environment.
- Innovate and solve technical challenges.
- Engage with academia and industry to ensure we are at the forefront of our discipline.
Our aim is to provide any fire safety engineering service that our clients need during design, construction and operation in the built environment. Below we have listed some of the common services that we provide.
- Work with clients to identify their fire safety goals, including life-safety, property protection, business continuity and sustainability.
- Production of risk and benefits (opportunities) analysis including provision of feasibility reports and marked up drawings.
- Production of succinct and concise design notes and fire safety strategy documentation to assist in planning and regulatory compliance.
- Means of escape analysis, maximum occupant loads and space planning.
- Strategic cause & effect of detection and alarm systems with the fire safety design.
- Performance specification for fire protection features and systems (e.g. suppression, smoke control, passive fire protection, fire fighting facilities, etc.).
- Evacuation and thermal radiation modelling, computational fluid dynamics and finite element analysis.
- Structural Fire Engineering.
- Construction monitoring, as-built strategies, risk assessments and fire safety management.
- International code consultancy.