In a series of somewhat belated announcements we are welcoming some new starters to DFC! First up, Ross joined us in April as an Engineer in our Manchester office. Ross’ career to date has been in the mechanical ventilation industry with specific focus on fire safety engineering, and he brings significant experience in:
- High Temperature fan selections, design and testing.
- Jet fan system design (car parks and road tunnels).
- CFD modelling of fires.
- Mechanical smoke shaft systems for stair protection.
- EN-certified smoke and fire damper specification.
- On-site project delivery, installation, coordination with sub-contractors and commissioning.
Ross’ experience will be invaluable to our current and future work in the design, specification and commissioning of smoke control systems and will allow us to work better alongside site-based teams. Ross will also be getting involved in other aspects of fire engineering to broaden his skillset and strengthen our growing Manchester office.
- Posted by Iain Macfarlane
- On 5th July 2018